Swedes for Ukraine:
- 744 refugee families searching for accommodation
- 174 hosts has available accommodation
Please help with more accommodations
For the refugee family
Finding accommodation is as easy as three steps:
- Search for available rooms or houses according to your preferences and find the one that appeals most to you.
- If you are registered as a refugee family, apply for this room or house. Once you submit data, an automatic email and SMS will be sent to the host so that they could contact you directly via email, phonecall or perhaps Facetime for a digital dialogue in English.
- Meet the host in person. This is an important quality check for both parties. If both parties agree, sign the Standard agreement with for example three months for free, and you get your Swedish room or house.
For the refugee family who already got accommodation, we kindly ask you to move your account to inactive mode(red) using My Account page so that you are not visible in the refugee list. You are later welcome to activate your account back(green) and search for a new accommodation.
For the host
Finding a refugee family is as easy as three steps:
- If you are registered as a host you can search for refugee families you would like to offer accommodation to.
- Apply for the refugee family contact information. Once you apply, an automatic email and SMS will be sent to you with the contact details so that you could contact the refugee family via email, phonecall or perhaps Facetime for a digital dialogue in English.
- Meet the refugee family. This is an important quality check for both parties. If both parties agree, sign the Standard agreement with for example three months for free, and the refugee family will be able to stay in your Swedish room or house.
For the host, once your accommodation is occupied, please go to Edit Profile on the top and mark it as occupied/red. Then it will not be visible in the accommodation list. There you can also add more housing units, terminate your account or do other changes.
This platform has been produced during wartime in Ukraine by IT engineers at Sigma Software.
The main quality control is the personal meeting between the host and the refugee family at the site for the rooms or house, where they can have a dialogue on matters that are of concern. The parties should just proceed with an agreement if it feels good for both of them. In addition, hosts have to register through BankID so we know that the person who registers also is this person. In case a problem occurs once the refugee family has moved in, there are different channels for a refugee family such as contact the host, contact Sveriges Stadsmissioner and call the emergency phone number 112.
The parties are of course free to agree on a shorter or longer time of stay than three months and on other support than housing. If parties agree on payment for housing, they are free to do that too.
This platform has three languages, English, Ukrainian, and Swedish. The translations are done automatically by Google translate, so there could be some wrong spelling. This platform can also be reached by sfukraine.com, sfukraine.org, swedesforukraine.com, sfukraine.se, svenskarforukraina.se, and swedesforukraine.se.
For direct contact between hosts and refugees, we recommend using the English language. If a refugee or host doesn´t know English, we recommend finding a friend who knows English that could help with the communication. If that´s not available you could use Google Translate in order to translate a mail to English before sending it. It is also possible to translate voice messages to English via Google Translate.